Sponsored by IATA
THE IATA AVSEC CONFERENCE
Klaus Dengler, Managing Director Europoles Suisse GmbH), René Vuillemin, (Managing Director Europoles Suisse GmbH)
With 400 attendees and 48 nationalities, the IATA AVSEC World conference is the largest global aviation security event. Now in its 28th year, the AVSEC World Conference will take place February 26-28, in Miami (Florida), setting the agenda for 2019.
It will showcase the dynamic security environment and provide a forum to address the challenges that the industry faces. The Conference unites professionals in the security sphere to discuss current issues and actions to be taken to manage risks in the aviation industry today.
Built around the theme “No vulnerability left behind”, this year’s edition will offer a glimpse into the future through plenary sessions, keynotes and workshops.
There will be plenty to choose from with 3 tracks and 4 workshops! Here are some of the key sessions:
AVIATION SECURITY 2030
John Miller, Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence & Counter Terrorism, New York Police Department (NYPD)
Jim Bulter, Senior Vice President, International & Cargo, American Airlines
Henrik Hololei, Director General, DG MOVE, European Commission
Lauren Beyer, Vice President of Security & Facilitation. Airlines for America
John Oelschlager, Vice President, Security Products & Programs, Analogic Corporation
AVIATION SECURITY MEETS SILICON VALLEY
David Hansell, Public Policy Manager, DHJI
Rob Eagles, Head of Aviation, Google Loon
Matthew Vaughan, Director, Aviation Security, IATA
Uber Elevate, Aurora Flight Services, and Airbus Zephyr
OPEN SOURCE INTELLIGENCE & RISK MANAGEMENT
AndrewNicholson, CEO, Osprey Flight Solutions
Eric Kaler, Senior Director, Hawaiian Airlines
John Cauthen, Director of Aviation Security, MedAir
DIGITAL SECURITY – GLOBAL CONVERSATION FOR REGIONAL IMPLEMENTATION
Peter Cooper, IATAStrategic Advisor
ARGUS Cyber Security
3 REASONS TO ATTEND
- Exclusive access to industry intelligence and latest developments in aviation security;
- A rare gathering of airline and airport executives, governmental representatives, law enforcement agencies, customs and immigration authorities, aviation & security consultants, manufacturers & suppliers of aviation security-related products and services;
- A fantastic opportunity to grow your network through dedicated sessions and casual events: 8 networking breaks, one welcome reception and one networking dinner, over the course of 3 days.
Watch the video of an Elettric80 system equipped with Flash Battery lithium batteries
IATA, AT THE FOREFRONT OF AVIATION SECURITY
Security and safety are top priorities for IATA and its member airlines. IATA has defined 4 key priorities:
- Closer government-to-government and industry cooperation to reduce the long-term challenges of extraterritorial measures
- Universal implementation of ICAO's Chicago Convention, Annex 17 of global standards
- Development of a platform for better information-sharing within public-private partnerships
- Adoption and implementation of new and existing screening detection technologies
Over the years, IATA has launched many initiatives to favor the development of appropriate measures to current evolving trends. The AVSEC World Conference is one of them.
High-density seating makes more floor space available while providing up to 50% more seats. There’s more space for commercial traffic and far less congestion at gates.
For more information please visit the registration platform.
International Air Transport Association (IATA)
800 Place Victoria
PO Box 113
Montreal - H4Z 1M1
Quebec - Canada
Tel: +1 514 874 0202
Fax: +1 514 874 9632